I was looking through some of my old posts and came across a favorite recipe for Harvest Bounty Rice that I had forgotten about. It’s a super easy weeknight option that uses very common ingredients but is still tasty.
- 1 lb ground beef, pork or venison
- one medium onion (chopped)
- one green pepper (chopped)
- one hot pepper (chopped; optional)
- 4 cups tomatoes (you can use canned, I used a mix of tomatoes from my garden)
- 4 cups cabbage (shredded)
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Sriracha to taste
- cheese (optional)
- Brown the ground meat along with the onion and peppers.
- Add tomatoes, cabbage, rice, seasonings. Simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
I loved being able to use up some of the random cherry tomatoes from my garden. The whole dish went together super fast and was delicious. One note, I used the Gourmet Garden oregano, garlic, and basil pastes since I’m not getting fresh herbs from the garden anymore. I love the convenience!
From Simply in Season
Join the 3 day clean eating challenge!
Clean eating doesn't have to be hard! Join us to discover just how easy it can be to feel better and get healthy.