How in the world is it AUGUST already? In some ways it feels like summer just started, and yet here we are staring at fall boots and school supply commercials. It’s time to slow down and savor what’s left of summer, and here are some of the things that are helping me do just that:
- Mercer Estates Wine. Nothing says summer like savoring a glass of wine on the deck or patio, and the Pinot Gris and Cab Sauv that Mercer Estates sent to me are simply lovely. I also love how they are committed to sustainability and philanthropy. Just a few more reasons in addition to great flavor and body to pick up a bottle or three! Or visit their vineyards in Eastern Washington.
- AMIRA Authentic Basmati. One of my favorite ways to enjoy summer vegetables like eggplant, summer squash, zucchini, and tomatoes is stir fry. It makes such a quick dinner! AMIRA sent me samples of their natural basmati and brown basmati rices, and I loved their chewy texture and flavor. A perfect backdrop for a simple stir fry of sauce, vegetables, and protein.
- A Year of Practiculture: Recipes for Living, Growing, Hunting & Cooking with the Seasons. Reading is one of summer’s best pleasures, and A Year of Practiculture does double duty by not only being a highly entertaining story of a man who decides to live a simpler life, but a practical cookbook as well. I can’t wait to make some of the recipes!
- Soda Stream. I’ll admit, I have an old version that’s been sitting in the back of my closet for a few years. But when I discovered La Croix while at a conference earlier this summer (the coffee was nasty at the conference center and the water wasn’t the greatest either), I developed a new obsession. Not only is it great for making flavored sparkling water, but you can also make wine spritzers and cocktails.
- Chipotle Lime Rub. I just started with Wildtree and have found myself using this on everything. Grilled venison steaks, sprinkled on fresh corn on the cob . . . it pairs perfectly with lots of great summer foods.
So there you have it, five great products for savoring the end of summer. How do you plan to make the most of what’s left?
Join the 3 day clean eating challenge!
Clean eating doesn't have to be hard! Join us to discover just how easy it can be to feel better and get healthy.