- Category: Main Dish
- 2 lbs fish fillets
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- corn tortillas
Garlic Chive Aioli
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 dash dried chives or 1 Tbsp fresh, chopped
- In a large frying pan, melt shortening/butter, so it’s about 1/4 inch thick.
- In a flat-ish bowl or pan, mix the salt, Sriracha, milk. In another bowl put flour. In a third bowl put the cornmeal.
- Dip the fillets in the milk; then the flour; then the milk again; then the cornmeal. I find it easiest to bread them all while the pan is heating, placing them on a cutting board.
- When the oil is hot, fry on each side until cooked through.
- For aioli, put the garlic cloves, chives, and egg yolk in the food processor and start it. Then slowly add the oil.
- Assemble tacos by placing fish on a tortilla. Add aioli, jalapenos, lettuce, and other veg as desired.