- Yield: 24 cupcake size cheesecakes
- Category: Dessert
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 large eggs
- ⅓ cup peppermint Schnapps
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
- 2 teaspoons peppermint Schnapps
- Lightly coat 9-inch springform pan with no-stick cooking spray. Wrap foil under bottom and around outside of pan to collect any drips during baking; set aside.
- FOR CRUST In medium bowl, combine all crust ingredients until evenly moistened. Press mixture firmly into bottom of prepared pan.
- FOR FILLING In large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese with sugar and cornstarch at high speed until smooth. Beat in cream and Schnapps. Add eggs one at a time beating at low speed just until blended. Pour into prepared pan. Bake in 325°F. oven until edges are set and center is almost set, about 55 to 60 minutes. Turn oven off. Leave cheesecake in oven with door ajar for 30 minutes. Loosen edges of cake from pan with sharp knife. Cool on wire rack to room temperature. Top with Ganache and chill uncovered until set. Cover and chill overnight before removing springform ring.
- In 2-cup glass measure, combine chocolate chips and cream. Microwave (high) for 1 minute. Let stand 2 minutes; stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. Cool slightly; stir in Schnapps.
- Makes about ½ cup