- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter (chilled)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Combine flour, nuts, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in milk and syrup and work into soft dough, kneading 5-6 times. Roll out into a 1/2 inch thick, 7 inch round. Cut into 10-12 wedges. Bake on a greased baking sheet in a preheated oven at 425F until golden, 15-18 minutes. Serve immediately.