- Category: Appetizers
- 12 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded
- 12 slices of bacon
- 24 little smokies, or cooked chorizo (optional)
- 1 package of cream cheese (room temperature)
- Fill the pepper with cream cheese (and smokies/chorizo if using), wrap in bacon, use toothpick if needed to keep together.
- Place in smoker at 250 for an hour and a half or 300 degrees for an hour. Basically, you want to get the bacon crispy but not overcooked or the peppers will fall apart.
- Alternate cooking methods: To cook on the grill: Cook on a medium heat grill until the jalapeno is tender and the bacon is browned. Keep the lid covered while cooking. To cook in the oven: Bake the ABT’s in the oven, set at 425F, for 20-30 minutes or until the bacon is browned.