- Category: Breakfast
- 1 pound bulk sausage (we used pork, locally made)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (I used a couple of ramps)
- 3 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into one inch pieces
- 4 eggs (we used duck eggs, which I find to be a bit richer and so it went well with this dish)
- Brown the sausage and onion together in a large skillet. Drain fat if necessary.
- Add the potatoes, water, salt, and pepper; cook over medium heat, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry the eggs.