Have you ever had to go to a party or “bring a dish to pass” event and brought chips and dip? Or something from the deli and just put it in your own bowl hoping no one would notice the telltale taste of preservatives or whatever it is they put in the potato salad that has that chemically sweet aftertaste?
There is an alternative that is almost as fast and is a bit more impressive: Homemade Dips like the Pumpkin Dip recipe from Simply in Season. Keep the ingredients on hand for a quick dish to pass or something to whip up for unexpected guests.
This is one of those recipes where a Kitchen Aid comes in handy.
- 12 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 C of pumpkin (cooked and pureed)
- 4 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- gingersnaps or apples.
- Beat together cream cheese and brown sugar.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- When it's all blended up it will be nice and fluffy. Serve with gingersnaps or apples.
The verdict: I loved the extra dash of nutmeg. DH said it was very good, although the gingersnaps were hard. Well, they were store bought, what do you expect? Had I not had a busy week I would have made some homemade, but hey–at least I made *something* homemade for this party and didn’t just bring a bag of Doritos.
- Caramel Coffee by Party Food & Entertaining
- Christmas Cranberry Mojitos by Our Good Life
- European-Style Hot Chocolate by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate by My San Francisco Kitchen
- Pomegranate Sangria by The Redhead Baker
- Spiced Hot Milk Brandy by Nosh My Way
- BBQ and Grape Jelly Crockpot Meatballs by Big Bear’s Wife
- Christmas Cranberry Dip by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Festive Shrimp Bites by The Freshman Cook
- Hot Crab Dip by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Krayl’s Easy Holiday Cheese Board by An Appealing Plan
- Mini Cheese Balls by Books n’ Cooks
- Pear Proscuitto Arugula and Cheese Rounds by Food Done Light
- Pull-apart Beer Bread with Mediterranean Vegetables by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Ranch Buffalo Chicken Dip by Table for Seven
- Shrimp Puffs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Smoked Salmon Dip by Palatable Pastime
- Smoked Salmon Shooters by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Spiced Nuts by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Tuscan White Bean and Sausage Dip by The Complete Savorist
- Ultimate Taco Dip by Momma’s Meals
Main and Side Dishes
- Fruited Wild Rice by Magnolia Days
- Harvest Roast Chicken with Grapes, Olives, and Potatoes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- La Grande Zuppa del Costiera Amalfitana (The Grand Soup of the Amalfi Coast) by Monica’s Table
- Make ahead Parmesan Mashed Potatoes by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pasta With Duck Sugo by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
Desserts and Baked Goods
- Apple Brown Betty by Curious Cuisiniere
- Apple Panna Cotta by Caroline’s Cooking
- Banana Coconut Lime Bundt Cake by Desserts Required
- Chocolate Sheet Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Gluten Free Key Lime Tartlets by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grown Up Peppermint Bark with Sambuca by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Microwave Carob Fudge by Pies and Plots
- Orange and Dark Chocolate Chunk Scones by The Texan New Yorker
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread by Ruffles & Truffles
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.