Ok so DH tells me they’re not really “Oktoberfest” beer brats because he used his homemade IPA instead of an Oktoberfest beer, but I think these are a great addition to any Oktoberfest celebration! He also wanted me to be sure to tell you that his IPA was made only using his home grown Cascade hops.
Step 1: Boil the brats in beer for about 20 minutes.
Step 2: Stir fry peppers and onions in butter with garlic powder, black pepper and sea salt until softened.
Step 3: Grill the brats lightly to add a nice crunch to the skin.
The Verdict: Oh my, this was a perfect lunch. The beer adds so much to the flavor of the brat, and the fresh veggies make it seem a little more healthy.
More Oktoberfest Recipes from #SundaySupper
- German Pancake Soup (Flädlesuppe) by Caroline’s Cooking
- German Potato Pancakes by The Crumby Cupcake
- Homemade Pretzels with Kids by Hardly A Goddess
- Kräuterbutter (German Herb Butter) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Latke and Sauerbraten Poutine by Monica’s Table
- Obatzda – Bavarian Cheese Spread by Sunday Supper Movement
- Warsteiner Fondue by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apple Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Kaiserschmarrn Recipe by Plated Cravings
- Nana’s Gluten Free German Chocolate Cake by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Rote Grütze (Fruit Pudding) by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Main Dish (Hauptgericht)
- Bavarian Sausage & Cabbage Soup by Food Done Light
- Beef Goulash Recipe by Positively Stacey
- Beer Mac and Cheese by Moore or Less Cooking
- Berlin Potato Soup by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Bierocks by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Bratwurst Sheet Pan Dinner by A Mind Full Mom
- Burgers with Bacon-Sauerkraut Jam by Palatable Pastime
- How to Make Traditional German Sauerbraten by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Oktoberfest Beer Brats by Wholistic Woman
- Oktoberfest Chicken Chili by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Oktoberfest Fondue 3 Ways by Momma’s Meals
- Pork chops with Sauerkraut and Apples by Brunch-n-Bites
- Roasted Apple & Beer Chili For Oktoberfest by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Sausage, Pepper, and Onion Kebobs w/ a Boiled Cider Drizzle by The Freshman Cook
- Schwenkbraten (Grilled German Pork Chops) by Curious Cuisiniere
Side Dish (Beigabe)
- Fried Potatoes German Style by My Life as a Cookbook
- German Potato Salad by Tramplingrose
- Ginger Beer Sauerkraut by Cricket’s Confections
- Herbed Spaetzle by The Hungry Goddess
- Krautsalat (German Coleslaw) by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Oktoberfest Potatoes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.