This week’s Sunday Supper theme is Sleepover Foods. Truthfully, since I don’t have kids, I can’t remember the last time I went to a sleepover. Unless you count camping, which I guess is a more adult form of sleeping over involving beer and campfires.
If I were to have an adult sleepover, I would definitely want a great breakfast in the morning. These sweet potato waffles definitely qualify! You could easily substitute pumpkin if you want to seem more “trendy,” but the crowds I run with aren’t so interested in the trendy. The sweet potato means it’s quite healthy, perfect for after an evening of drinking.
These waffles are VERY filling but so very, very tasty. I could taste the sweet potatoes and spices. I wanted to sprinkle some cinnamon and nutmeg and whipped cream on top but DH said he thought they were just fine. It took a bit of work to make these, but when I think that it didn’t contain any white flour, I’m pretty impressed. So these are a good brinner recipe, or lazy weekend breakfast.
For more Sleepover Foods, check out these recipes:
- Bacon Jam Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Baked Ham, Egg and Cheese Sandwiches by Food Lust People Love
- Breakfast Strata with Bacon and Date by Caroline’s Cooking
- Broccoli Breakfast Bake by Cricket’s Confections
- Classic Buttermilk Pancakes by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Burrito by Brunch-n-Bites
- Julia’s Mushroom Quiche – Quiche aux Champignons by An Appealing Plan
- Nutty Sweet Potato Waffles by Wholistic Woman
- Overnight Green Chile Breakfast Burritos by Cooking On The Ranch
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Cereal Treat Bars by Crazed Mom
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes by Books n’ Cooks
- Pumpkin French Toast Casserole by Moore or Less Cooking
- Swedish Pancakes with Brown Sugar Bananas by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Waffle Fruit Kabobs by Home Sweet Homestead
- 2-Minute Quick Fudge by Sunday Supper Movement
- Classic Oatmeal Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Heavenly Oreo Dessert by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Peach Slab Pie by Pies and Plots
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Better Than Anything Chex Mix by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Caramel Corn by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cobb Salad Dip by Food Done Light
- DIY Grilled Cheese Bar by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Fluffernutter Puff Pastry Turnovers by The Weekend Gourmet
- Make-It-Yourself Caramel Apple Bar by The Freshman Cook
- Maple Fish Party Mix by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Midnight Chicken Nuggets by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- S’mores Snack Mix by Positively Stacey
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Join the 3 day clean eating challenge!
Clean eating doesn't have to be hard! Join us to discover just how easy it can be to feel better and get healthy.