It’s January, and just about everyone has resolved to eat more healthy in the new year. Problem is, most “diets” don’t work. That’s because a lot of meal plans include things that you or your family doesn’t like, a list of “don’ts” makes you want the “bad stuff” (whatever that means) even more, and who the heck has time to cook anyway?
Wildtree is one option. But if you are looking for a FREE way to start building the habit of meal planning and prepping ahead (whether through freezer meals or weekend prep sessions), consider joining the Plan to Eat Make Ahead Meal Plan Challenge.
The Make Ahead Meal Plan Challenge is Plan to Eat’s 30-day challenge to help you start your own meal planning routine, and it’s completely free. They will even provide you with meal plans if you don’t want to start from scratch trying to find recipes. The first two weeks are even from one of my favorite books, Fix, Freeze, Feast!
Last year around this time I used recipes from Fix, Freeze, Feast: The Delicious, Money-Saving Way to Feed Your Family and using that plus a few other recipes I found around the web, in 7 hours I made:
- 49 beef & bean burritos
- 4 lasagnas
- 6 sweet and sour meatball crock pot meals
- 4 other slow cooker freezer meals (split pea soup, bbq chicken & beans, chicken with butternut squash, and ginger venison)
- 3 servings of pasta sauce
- 2 cans of pinto beans
Of course, you don’t have to do the freezer thing. You can also just find your own healthy recipes.
Here’s a video that shows how the challenge works:
Join the challenge:
1. If you don’t already use Plan to Eat, sign up for a free 30 day trial (I’d love it it you use my affiliate link!)
2. If you already have a Plan to Eat account, add “Make Ahead Meal Plan Challenge” as a friend from your account. Make Ahead Meal Plan Challenge will appear in your friend list to give you access to the recipes and menus. While you’re at it, I’d love to be your friend! My username is whammond
3. Join the conversation in our Facebook group to discuss tips and tricks to make your kitchen super-efficient while making sure that everyone is fed.
What’s a challenge without a $400 prize package at the end?!
(I am seriously hoping that I win!)
Everyone who joins the challenge by friending Make Ahead Meal Plan Challenge in your Plan to Eat account will be entered into a huge giveaway with a $400 prize package! The drawing will be held on January 31st and the winner will receive:
- ($200) KitchenAid 13 Cup Metal Food Processor (your choice of color!)
- ($39) 1 free year of Plan to Eat
- ($19) a Plan to Eat canvas shopping bag
- ($10) a copy of the book Fix, Freeze, Feast
- ($23) Komax Oven Safe Glass Food Containers
- And over $100 of other tools to get your kitchen set up and running efficiently!
I’ll be playing too!
And of course, since one of MY resolutions is to do a better job of meal planning for breakfasts, lunches, and snacks, I’ll be making the effort to plan ahead for myself. Every Monday I’ll post my meal plan for the week. Time to get back on the wagon!
Will you be joining us? Leave your username in the comments below so we can be friends on Plan to Eat!