This is my current photo. I’m only down 8 pounds, so I don’t think it looks that different from the “before.” Plus DH wouldn’t get up from watching TV to take a decent picture so the angle is a bit weird.
Even though I’ve “only” lost 8 pounds, I am really glad I took part in this challenge. Here are the top 10 reasons:
- Lost 8 pounds!
- Discovered how supportive my readers and the other Lean 11 are. It makes a huge difference!
- Got a BodyMedia band, which in turn motivates me to get off my duff.
- Went cross country skiing for the first time and fell in love. Will check out more outdoorsy activities for sure in the coming weeks.
- Learned to just keep watching calories and activity, and eventually the scale WILL drop.
- If I can lose 8 pounds every month, I’ll be at my goal weight by the end of the year!
- Somehow agreed to do a sprint triathlon this summer with my friend Savvy Chic Savings.
- My pants are fitting now!
- I have a lot more energy, which is making me want to start getting into my sewing stash; the one that has the “good fabrics” I’ve been waiting to use until I lose weight. I deserve “good fabrics” now, dang it.
- Have developed a healthier relationship with packaged foods. I have realized that I am never going to be able to live up to my standards of cooking every single meal from scratch, so rather than finding myself out of time or ingredients I have frozen dinners and healthy snacks on hand to reduce take out and drive thru incidents.
I know I said last Friday that I was going to switch my weight loss updates on Monday, but I decided to go back to Fridays. Ha! I also have discontinued posting my menus on Mondays for awhile. Still trying to figure out an editorial calendar that works for me.
Is there anything YOU would like to see more of on this blog?
This post linked to Top 10 Tuesday