This week’s Sunday Supper theme is Lean Beef Recipes. Of course, usually my idea of “Lean Beef” is venison, but I do use beef on occasion too.
I’m sharing one of my favorite recipes that is very similar to how I grew up eating venison (except we usually had rice instead of pasta) I adapted it from Simply in Season and it works just as well with beef.
Source: Simply in Season
Course: Main Course
- 1/2 lb beef tenderloin cut into strips
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger root
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 lb pasta
- In a large wok or skillet, stir fry beef in sesame oil until nearly cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Also meanwhile, in a separate saucepan, combine remaining ingredients and simmer until about half of it evaporates.
- When the meat is nearly cooked through, add the broccoli and stir fry until tender. Add sauce and finish cooking the meat through.
- Serve over angel hair pasta or pasta of your choice.
The verdict: The sauce is savory with a hint of sweet, and uses my favorite flavors for venison (garlic, soy sauce, ginger); it works just as well for beef though! It is a quick and easy weeknight favorite.
More easy lean beef recipes
Appetizers, Soups, and Salads
- Baked Kibbeh with Yogurt Sauce by Food Lust People Love
- Italian Wedding Soup by Hardly A Goddess
- Lighter Tex-Mex Albondigas Soup by The Weekend Gourmet
- Spaghetti and Meatball Soup by Cricket’s Confections
- Steak Taco Salad Wonton Cups by Caroline’s Cooking
- Thai Steak Salad with Noodles by Positively Stacey
- Warm Steak Salad by Food Done Light
Lean Ground Beef Recipes
- Cheeseburger Stew by Our Good Life
- Cheesesteak Bruschetta by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Clean Eating Sloppy Joes by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Old Fashioned Porcupine Meatballs by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Shepherd’s Pie by Simple and Savory
- Smothered Hamburger Steaks by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Spaghetti Squash with Chili by Recipes Food and Cooking
- BBQ Filet Beef Tips by The Freshman Cook
- Beef Broccoli Pasta by Wholistic Woman
- Beef Ddukboki (Non-Spicy Sautéed Korean Rice Cakes) by kimchi MOM
- Beef Steak Fajitas by Asian In America
- Beef Vegetable Stir-Fry by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Black Pepper Beef with Broccoli and Noodles by Sunday Supper Movement
- Easy Sriracha Beef Cauliflower Rice Bowls by Family Foodie
- Skinny Beef Enchiladas with Creamy Avocado Sauce by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
Sandwiches and Wraps
- Asian Steak Lettuce Wraps by The Chef Next Door
- My Big Lean Greek Beef Wrap by Go Epicurista
- Slow Cooker Tuscan French Dips by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spicy Beef Lettuce Wraps by Pies and Plots
- Spicy Beef Tacos by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Steak and Eggs Wraps by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Baked Chicken Fried Steak by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Chile Lime Flank Steak Tacos by The Redhead Baker
- Filet Mignon with Roasted Vegetable Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Flank Steak Roulades by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Flank Steak with Chimichurri by Monica’s Table
- Roasted Garlic Sirloin Steak with Rosemary by Cooking Chat
- Swiss Steak by Palatable Pastime
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.