- Category: Main Dish
- 1 teaspoon active-dry or active yeast
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup apple, thinly sliced
- 5 strips of bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup honey mustard sauce (optional)
- Combine 3/4 cups lukewarm water in a mixing bowl with the yeast. Stir to dissolve. Add flour and salt and mix until it becomes a shaggy dough. Onto a clean work surface, dump the flour and shaggy dough and knead for about five minutes or until it's smooth, moist, and slightly sticky. Let rise as desired up until an hour and a half.
- Preheat oven to 500F.
- Get out two frying pans. In one, caramelize the onions. In the other, cook bacon through. While onions and bacon are cooking slice the apple and grate cheddar cheese.
- Roll dough out into a 12 inch circle. Add toppings, cheese, and bake for about 10 minutes or until dough is cooked through and cheese is melted. Serve with honey mustard sauce if desired.