This week’s Sunday Supper theme is pork chops, and let me tell you, I have quite the collection! My cousins raise pigs occasionally and we usually buy one, so I am always looking for ways to cook them. Our favorite way is to just sprinkle with a Wildtree seasoning and pan fry, but sometimes you want something a little different.
This recipe is super easy and you cut up the pork chop so it makes a stir fry. It cooks up nice and fast.
Course: Main Course
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
- 1?4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Stir Fry:
- 4 boneless pork loin chops cut into bite sized pieces
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon hot chile paste
- 5 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 green bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into strips
- 1?4 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- In a large bowl, mix together rice wine vinegar, garlic, brown sugar, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Stir in pork pieces, cover, and leave at room temperature for 1/2 hour.
- Heat a large wok over medium heat. Toast almonds in hot, dry wok until golden brown and fragrant.
- Heat vegetable oil in wok over medium-high heat. Stir in marinated pork pieces, ginger, and chile paste. (Discard remaining marinade.) Mix in teriyaki sauce, and increase heat to high; cook, stirring constantly, until pork is white. Stir in peppers, and continue to stir fry until most of the liquid has evaporated. Top with toasted almond slivers and fresh mint.
Amount Per Serving (4)
- Calories: 579
- Protein: 27.5 g
- Carbohydrate: 17.5g
- Fat: 45.1 g
- Cholesterol: 59 mg
- Sodium: 935 mg
The Verdict: I can always tell when DH likes something because he will usually finish it and there will be no leftovers. There were no leftovers with this recipe! Which is kind of a bummer, because it would have been nice for lunch the next day.
More easy pork chops recipes
- Braised Orange Tomato Pork Chops by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Braised Pork Chops with Country Gravy by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Breakfast Chops by Palatable Pastime
- Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops by My Sweet Savings
- Chili Rubbed Pork Chops with Apricot Ginger Glaze by Life Tastes Good
- Cider Braised Pork Chops with Apple and Rutabaga by Caroline’s Cooking
- Creamy Apple Pork Chops by Savory Experiments
- Easy Bourbon-Brown Sugar Roasted Pork Chops by Gourmet Everyday
- Easy Cilantro Lime Pork Chops by Cooking Chat
- Easy Creamy Seasoned Pork Chops & Rice by Crazed Mom
- Easy One Pan Oven Roasted Pork Chops by Pies and Plots
- Easy Oven Baked & Breaded Pork Chops by Hardly A Goddess
- Fontina Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce by Soulfully Made
- Fried Pork Chops by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Grilled Boneless Pork Chops with Broccoli Rabe by Simple and Savory
- Grilled Pork Chops with a Strawberry Balsamic Glaze by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Indian-Spiced Pork Chop Potato Skillet by Sunday Supper Movement
- Japanese-Style Pork Chops Tonkatsu by Asian In America
- Mom’s Cornflake Pork Chops by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mushroom Smothered Pork Chops over Noodles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
And More Pork Chops
- One Pan Pesto Pork Chops by Cricket’s Confections
- Pork & Peppers Stir Fry by Wholistic Woman
- Pork Chops Caprese by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Pork Chops Dijonnaise by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pork Chops with Dirty Rice by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Pork Chops, Peperoncini and Potatoes by Tramplingrose
- Prosciutto Wrapped Brie and Onion Stuffed Pork Chops by The Freshman Cook
- Quick Brine Pork Chops with Brown Sugar Glaze by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Quick Easy Maple Glazed Pork Chops by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Skillet Tuscan Pork Chops by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Chops by Big Bear’s Wife
- Slow Cooker Pork Burritos by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spicy Maple-Glazed Pork Chops with Jalapeno Cheese Grits by The Weekend Gourmet
- Vietnamese Grilled Pork Chop by Brunch-n-Bites
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Join the 3 day clean eating challenge!
Clean eating doesn't have to be hard! Join us to discover just how easy it can be to feel better and get healthy.