Yes, I am generally known for my strong dislike of smoothies! But this time of year I like to do freezer cooking, and I decided to try Once A Month Meals. The particular menu I chose had this recipe for Pumpkin Spice Smoothie Bowl by Everyday Maven. Even though I am not usually a smoothie fan, this just sounded really good. And it was!
I tweaked the recipe a little, and it’s perfect to make ahead for holiday guests or even yourself for busy mornings!
Make-Ahead Pumpkin Spice Smoothie Bowl
- 8 bananas, peeled
- 4 cups pumpkin puree
- 12 tsbp maple syrup
- 8 tsp pumpkin pie spice can sub apple pie spice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk, vanilla unsweetened
- 8 ounces pecans
- 8 tbsp coconut flakes
- 8 tbsp chopped date pieces
- 8 tsp hemp seed
In a large blender/food processor, blend all smoothie ingredients until smooth.
Mix up the topping and store in a glass jar.
Freeze smoothie for later use or chill at least an hour before eating.
Looking for more healthy make ahead meals? Check out the following Sunday Supper submissions.
Healthy Make Ahead Freezer Meals
Frozen Fruits and Veggies
- Cauliflower Mash Potatoes by April Golightly
- Easy Whole30 Barbecue Sauce by Cricket’s Confections
- Make-Ahead Pumpkin Spice Smoothie Bowl by Wholistic Woman
- Roasted Vegetable Bisque by Bites of Wellness
- Spinach Baked Ziti Make Ahead Freezer Meal by Sunday Supper
- Vegetable Soup with Meatballs by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie by Pies and Plots
Preparing Some Protein
- Chicken Sausage and Rice Soup by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grilled Thai Chicken by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Make-Ahead & Freeze Black Bean Taco Burgers by Hardly A Goddess
- Salsa Chicken Burrito Bowls by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sang Choy Bao – Chinese Lettuce Wraps by Caroline’s Cooking
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.