This week’s Sunday Supper theme is Easy Supper recipes. Not only is this recipe easy, but it’s healthy too! (Just in time for New Year’s resolutions). I found this in a Clean Eating Magazine years ago and it’s still delicious.
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into strips)
- 1?4 cup white onion (diced)
- 1 large bunch kale (about 8 oz stems removed & finely minced)
- 1?2 red bell pepper (diced)
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1?4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1?8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbs parsley (chopped; optional)
- Cook rice according to the directions.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat for a minute, then reduce to medium. If not using nonstick, lightly spray with cooking spray and saute’ chicken for about 5 minutes or until cooked through and no longer pink; remove chicken and set aside.
- Spray the same pan again and add the onion, kale, and red pepper and saute’ on medium for about 3 minutes or until cooked through. Add the rice and remove to another container/serving dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together honey mustard, vinegar, oil, garlic and 2 Tbsp water. Season with salt & pepper, reheat pan, add chicken and honey mustard mixture and saute’ about 3 minutes.
- Serve the honey and chicken mixture over rice. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
The Verdict: This goes together fairly quickly, and is healthy even though it definitely doesn’t taste like diet food! The honey mustard is nice and spicy/sweet and goes well with the kale and red peppers.
Here are some more easy suppers!
- Chicken Enchiladas by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Chicken Scarpariello by Sunday Supper Movement
- Honey Mustard Chicken & Rice Pilaf by Wholistic Woman
- Pan Roasted Chicken Breasts and Vegetables by Simple and Savory
- Pineapple Chicken Stir-Fry by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Roast Chicken by Monica’s Table
- Bucatini with Spinach Pesto by The Chef Next Door
- Chicken Marsala Lasagna Rollups by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Extra Cheesy Stuffed Shells by Positively Stacey
- Quick Chicken Piccata by The Redhead Baker
- Apple Mustard Pork Tenderloin by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cheesy Oven Omelette With Ham by Cricket’s Confections
- Cranberry Orange Pork Roast by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Sweet and Garlicky Slow Cooker Pulled Pork by Family Foodie
Sheet Pan Suppers
- Dijon Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner by Casa de Crews
- Ranch Sheet Pan Pork Dinner by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs Provencal Style by Delaware Girl Eats
Soup and Sandwich Suppers
- Chicken and Cheese Pita Sandwiches by Pies and Plots
- Chicken Chili by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Chicken Marinara Panini by The Freshman Cook
Stove Top Suppers
- Arroz con Coco y Lentejas – Coconut Rice with Lentils by Food Lust People Love
- Asian Tuna Noodle Bowls by Cooking Chat
- Haluski (Cabbage and Noodles) by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Healthy Quinoa Japanese Donburi Bowl by NinjaBaker.com
- One Pot Braised Lamb Shoulder Chops and Vegetables by Caroline’s Cooking
- Slow Cooker Chicken Ratatouille Stew by My Life Cookbook
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.