I love the flavors of autumn, and this easy apple dessert is a great way to savor them!
It only takes a few ingredients and about 30 minutes to make a company-worthy dessert.
To make a batch that serves 4, you will need
- a 4 pack of KING’S HAWAIIAN® Dinner Rolls
- 4 apples
- 4 Tbsp butter
- sprinkle of apple pie seasoning (or a mix of cinnamon/nutmeg)
- whipped cream
1. First, dice the dinner rolls.
2. Then, over medium heat in a large nonstick frying pan, toast the pieces for about 5 minutes.
Remove the pieces (including crumbs) and divide up into decorative glasses or bowls.
3. Slice the apples (I used a slicing utensil and then cut them in half for smaller pieces).
4. Then, melt the butter in the frying pan. Add apple slices and sprinkle with the spices. Fry, covered, for about 10 minutes or until apples are soft.
5. Finally, divide the apples evenly and layer on top of the toasted rolls. Top with whipped cream. Voila!
The Verdict: DH and I both LOVED this dessert. Not too sweet, and the crunchy rolls offset the soft apples very nicely. Now, if this looks good to you, please vote for my recipe using the link below! (Note that voting doesn’t start until November 4).
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of King’s Hawaiian®. The opinions and text are all mine.